At Quarnford our flexible accommodation will make for an enjoyable stay whether you're hosting a significant birthday, reunion, a chilled hen or stag party, or simply a holiday with family and friends.
Most of our bedrooms can be set up as doubles or twins, and we have 3 downstairs bedrooms for those with limited mobility. We're also child friendly with all bedrooms being under one roof, a selection of family rooms, bathrooms with baths, a secure / garden area, and cots and high chairs available on request.
No matter what your occasion our combination of an impressive dining area with all en suite rooms under one roof will be a hit with your guests.
We are a self-catering venue and the majority of groups choose to cater for themselves using the well equipped kitchen.
Deliveries - All the main Supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Waitrose) will deliver - obviously please choose a delivery slot after your arrival time as we are unable to ensure someone will be there to accept a delivery on your behalf. Drinks-wise most groups will order via a supermarket delivery although it is also possible for groups to source a barrel of real ale from local suppliers (sadly we are unable to supply direct as we are not licensed)
In house caterers - Many groups also choose to bring in caterers for one special evening. There are catering options range to suite all preferences and budgets from simple buffets to fully waited a la carte options.
You are of course very welcome to bring in any caterers you choose (subject to them having adequate Public Liability insurance in place), although we're also happy to recommend tried and tested caterers which previous guests have recommended. A selection of these can be found here: -
Things to do in the area
Aside from some of the more active pursuits that you’ll find detailed in the Hen and stag section there’s no shortage of things to keep the whole group happy in the surrounding area.
The Peak District is blessed with stunning countryside, great walking, lovely country towns, as well as some of the country’s top visitor attractions.
- The Peak District is a walker’s paradise. For a good list of walks visit click here
- For a short but scenic walk form the lodge click here
- You can walk from the house to the start of a number of popular walks from the village of Flash (less than a mile away) click here
- Or for a range of easier walks departing from Flash click here
- One of our local favourites is the nearby the Tissington trail (a 15 minute drive away) which has the benefit of being as short or as long as you choose to make it. It’s flat and hard surface makes it great for buggies, bikes, or a good non muddy walk whatever the weather.
Parks & Outdoor spaces
- Buxton’s beautiful Victorian Pavilion gardens are less than 10 minutes drive away – great for a stroll or a picnic.
- Ten minutes drive in the other direction, Tittesworth reservoir and visitor centre is in an impressive setting and is great for a walk, spot of lunch, or to let the kids burn off some steam in the playground.
- The award winning Blaze farm is in a magical location (just 10 minutes away) with ice cream to match! It's free entry and kids and adults alike love getting up close with the animals.
- The historic spa town of Buxton is 10 minutes away with plenty of eating and shopping options, or just for a wander round the historic town.
- Bakewell is about a 25 minute drive and is picture postcard pretty, with plenty of opportunities to sample the local delicacy of course…
Pubs & restaurants
- There are plenty of options to take advantage of the good food and ale the area has to offer, indeed too many to mention here.
- The highest village pub in England is about a mile away, or within a 10 minute drive you’ll find the Wincle Brewery (not far from Blaze farm), and Buxton Brewery’s award winning Tap House.
- There’s no shortage of options in the Peak District but the two obvious highlights are Alton Towers theme park and Chatsworth house.
- Both are about 30 minutes drive away and Chatsworth is a fantastic day out whether you choose to visit the house itself or simply stroll around the impressive grounds and gardens.
Stags & Hens, Birthdays
- We're a popular venue for chilled stag and hen parties, as well as significant birthdays, who are looking to spend time together rather than have the traditional "night on the town"
- The house is located in the stunning Peak District National Park in the heart of England meaning our central location makes us a popular choice for groups coming from all parts of the country.
- We're also in a secluded spot meaning that if the music or conversation gets a bit loud throughout the evening you won't be getting a knock on the door from the neighbours. However, playing music outdoors isn't permitted sadly.
- That said we take pride in our house and so are selective about our bookings - we welcome groups who come to get together and socialise for a relaxed weekend rather than for a rowdy house party. If it’s the latter type of event you’re looking for then we aren’t the right property for you.
- Activity-wise the surrounding Peak District National Park is a stag and hen paradise with walks from the door to adrenaline filled quad biking, and everything in between.
- For organised events from murder mystery and casino nights to on site archery you can find inspiration at www.actiondays.co.uk
- There is also the highest village pub in England within a mile or so of the Lodge, albeit it's a small cosy place, so not one for the whole group at once!
- In house we have a pool table, and a Karaoke machine to keep the group entertained.
- Outside we have table tennis, Cornhole game, and all the equipment necessary to set up your own mini-golf course
- Here are a few suggestions of activities for the group, although this is certainly not exhaustive - if you search online for what you're looking for in the Peak District you'll almost certainly find it :-
- Private dining – let someone else do the cooking one night, Climbing & Caving, In house pampering and spas (https://www.glo-pamper.co.uk/spa-to-you/), Horse Riding, Clay pigeon shooting, Ballooning, Fishing, Golf, Paintballing, Quad biking and Go Karting, Water Sports, Mountain biking (and some flat cycling routes too), Cooking courses, Cocktail making and wine tasting, Alton Towers and Chatsworth house just over half an hour away....
- Last but certainly not least some stunning walks and country pubs to stumble across.