About The House
- A stunning house for a get together with all accommodation and living space under one roof.
- The highlight is the impressive vaulted dining room complete with chandelier and minstrels gallery, and comfortable seating for all guests around a single table.
- The house has been tastefully furnished throughout, with the added benefit that all rooms are en suite.
Quarnford Lodge is located in the heart of the Peak District National Park near to the village of Flash, the highest village in England, and has fantastic views over Dove Head.
- Although the house has no immediate neighbours (nearest habitation being a farm 100m away) the popular spa town of Buxton is less than 10 minutes drive away, and there are walks from the door, including 2 pubs within a mile.
Kitchen & Dining
- The dining room is one of the most impressive features of the lodge and always puts a smile on guests faces when they see it for the first time. The sense of space and being able to seat your entire group around a single dining table creates a fantastic atmosphere within the group.
- The dining room has 28 comfortable oak chairs, stereo system, wood burning stove for added cosiness.
- Cooking-wise there is a well equipped kitchen with Quartz work surfaces, plenty of cupboard space, crockery, glasses, large pots and pans to make big group catering a pleasure.
- There are high quality appliances including 2 Siemens ovens, 2 hobs, 2 dishwashers, American style fridge freezer plus separate larder fridge, 2 kettles / toasters…
- All the main supermarkets will deliver taking the hassle out of ordering your provisions, or alternatively if you wish to bring in caterers for one special evening we can provide some excellent recommendations.
- Aside for the dining room there are a further 2 lounges for the group to feel at home in
- The first open plan lounge has plenty of comfortable leather sofas, and is looked over by the double sided wood burning stove. It has a 55” smart TV as well as a Karaoke machine, for those who dare!
- In addition there is a smaller second lounge “the Snug” which has a further TV, 4 leather sofas, and provides another space to spread out in – sometimes popular with younger members of the group who like their own space from time to time!
- All lounges have a selection of coordinated cushions and throws to keep things comfy.
- In addition there is a pool table in an adjacent room as well a table tennis table which can be used in the dining area after some rearrangement of furniture.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- We have 10 bedrooms, 4 being quads, which means we can comfortably sleep up to 28.
- The majority of rooms can be set up as either doubles or twins – see floor plan for more detail.
- 3 of the bedrooms are downstairs, and the the whole of the downstairs area is on a single level making it wheelchair friendly.
- We provide simple but comfortable linens and hypoallergenic duvets, with coordinated throws and cushions.
- All bedrooms are en suite* and there are 7 showers (* incl disabled wet room adjacent to the room) and 3 rooms with showers over baths.
- All bathrooms have cotton bath towels, bathmats, and hand soaps.
- We also provide 2 cots on request.
Outdoor space, and location
- Secure patio area with 3 Picnic benches, and large custom built stainless steel Barbecue (charcoal required)
- No need to worry about disturbing the neighbours – nearest house is a farm around 100 metres away.
- Parking for c15 cars.
- 2 Pubs within a mile, including the highest village pub in England in the nearby village of Flash.
- Walks form the door including the famous 3 Shires Head walk where the counties of Derbyshire, Staffordshire, and Cheshire meet at a wonderful mini waterfall.
- The spa town of Buxton is less than 10 minutes drive away, with Chatsworth House and Alton Towers around 30 minutes away.
- More ideas of walks and things to do in the “more information section”