For your stay
Booking and payment process
- Availability and Price - you can check availability on the site and you can also ask us any question on topics not covered here when you enquire via our contact form. In the first instance we would prefer if you contact us via email to ensure we have the availability / pricing information you need to hand. On receipt of your enquiry we will also confirm price based on the timing of your stay, duration, and also group size.
- 35% deposit needed to secure the dates (payment via BACS or cheque)
- Balance payable 12 weeks prior to arrival along with £500 security bond which, assuming all is well, is usually returned 48hrs post departure, if not before.
- Our cancellation policy will be sent to along with full Terms and Conditions of booking, prior to your booking.
- Standard check in time is 4pm, and check out time 10am.
- Please call our housekeeper when you are approximately 45 minutes from the property so they can head up there to greet you, answer any queries you may have about the facilities, and handover keys.
- Sadly we do not permit day guests and limit numbers visiting the property to those actually staying ie maximum of 28. We also do not permit the use of tents or marquees on the grounds, or hot tubs.
- A Security Deposit is charged on all groups bookings and refunded after your stay. Please treat the accommodation with respect and leave it as you found it. To avoid additional cleaning charges (over and above the ample standard cleaning time) we ask groups to ensure that :-
- Bedrooms are emptied of any rubbish and glasses / crockery.
- Dirty dishes to be washed and put away (fine to leave the dishwasher running with your last breakfast dishes in).
- Food cupboards and fridge/freezers to be cleared out.
- Bins and recycling to be put out etc.
- Removal of any rubbish from lounge areas and a quick run around with the hoover.
- If you would like to decorate the inside of the property, please do so with appropriate adhesive which does not leave marks on the walls or pulls off the paint when removed.
- General supplies - dishwasher tablets, bin bags, washing up liquid and scourers, tea towels, hand soaps in bathrooms, toilet roll, tea/coffee/milk for a cuppa on arrival.
- A starter basket of logs - the house will be plenty warm enough without the use of the woodburning stove, but you may wish to use it for effect. If you plan on using it a lot over your stay you should bring an extra bag or two of (seasoned) logs along with firelighters & kindling.
- BBQ - fuel for the BBQ is not provided so if you wish to use it please bring plenty of charcoal (it's big!) along with firelighters & matches.
- Kitchen Equipment - plenty of big pots, pans, trays, dishes, ample crockery / cutlery. For any “specialist” equipment, or if any piece of equipment is key to your cooking plans as a general rule please bring it with you to avoid possible disappointment. Plenty of pint and wine glasses (though not champagne flutes), coffee percolator, and jugs. Please bring any condiments / consumables yourselves.
- Linen - All bed linen is included, bath mats, and one towel per guest. We also have a washer / dryer machine.
- For your safety and convenience, we have installed Dedicated Charge Points (DCP).
- For reasons of prudence, you should ensure when you arrive at the property you have sufficient battery range to travel to a previously identified alternative commercial ChargePoint in the area* as we cannot guarantee the availability of the service.
- To make use of the service you will need to bring your own charging cables as these are not provided.
- The current usage tariff will be displayed before you initiate charging, in addition there is also a small one-off connection / admin fee levied by the app provider which goes directly to them. Costs will be visible on the app before you decide to commence charging.
- If you do wish to use the charger, usage is subject to our terms & conditions (sent at time of booking).
- IMPORTANT - For reasons of both Safety and Insurance (property) under no circumstances should you use the domestic plug sockets in the house to charge your vehicle. Our domestic ring main supply in the cottage does not have the capacity or setup to support EV charging & under fire regulations is not permitted. Furthermore, you are solely liable for any damage or loss suffered by us as a result of your unauthorised use of domestic chargers (i.e plug sockets in the house)
*Nearest alternative available charge points are: -
- Leek (Genie Point Charging Station)
- Morrisons, 4 Newcastle Rd, Leek ST13 5QB
- Buxton (Genie Point Charging Station)
- Morrisons, 10 Bakewell Rd, Buxton SK17 9TB
Other useful information
- Smoking / Vaporizers / Smoke machines - this is a strictly No Smoking property, and this extends to the use of vaporizers and smoke machines. Due to the remoteness of the property the fire alarm is sensitive and any activation will result in a charge for us to attend and reset the alarm, or in the case that the Fire Service attends as the alarm is remotely monitored.
- Dog Policy - we allow up to 3 dogs with prior arrangement and charge £30 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please note that dogs are not permitted in bedrooms or on sofas, and all waste must be cleared up immediately. Dog baskets / beds must be brought by owners. If there is additional cleaning (over and above normal cleaning) this will be chargeable at our discretion, particularly if dogs have been allowed upstairs / in bedrooms.
Communication - due to the remote location mobile reception can be mixed at Quarnford Lodge, but if you need to stay in touch with the outside world you can do so via Wi-Fi based apps (eg WhatsApp). We have broadband which has coverage in the dining / lounge areas. Please understand that whilst we’re happy to provide free Wifi we are at the mercy of the BT for this service, and so cannot guarantee access.
- Fireworks / Chinese lanterns – given this is a farming community unfortunately fireworks of any sort are not permitted.