Quarnford Lodge offers a very different atmosphere for your business meeting, team building, or strategy day than the traditional hotel stay. The informal setting of a shared house combined with the stunning and secluded location tend to break down barriers and allow groups to focus on the all-important business agenda, and equally important socialising!
We’ve hosted over 250 corporate events at our 2 properties over the years including many blue chip clients. We’re delighted to say that the overall feedback we get is fabulous, indeed very many of our corporate clients have returned regularly over the years, so we like to think we’re doing something right.
- Conveniently located in the heart of England we are just 45 minutes drive from Manchester airport, 20 minutes from Macclesfield (direct trains from London)
- The property is exclusively yours and very much secluded with the nearest habitation a farm 100m away – so the team will not be distracted.
- On the adjacent map, Quarnford Lodge is the top of the two markers. The other marker indicates our other property, The Mermaid Inn, which has 13 en suite rooms and can be hired separately or in conjunction with Quarnford Lodge.
Meeting rooms and space
- We have a large meeting / dining room that can seat up to 28 around a single table on comfortable solid oak chairs.
- We have a further 2 breakout areas (with comfortable leather sofas and HDMI TVs) for smaller groups to convene away from the main meeting area, and in addition there is the patio area with picnic benches for when the sun is shining.
- We have Wifi, flip charts, and there is a projector screen in the main meeting room (projector not provided)
- We have 10 bedrooms, all of which are en suite. The accommodation is flexible as most bedrooms can be set up as twins meaning we can accommodate up to 26 delegates with single bed occupancy.
- If more bedrooms are required Quarnford can be booked in conjunction with our other nearby venue (The Mermaid Inn) - see details below.
- The rooms are finished to a high standard with coordinated furnishings and cotton linens and towels provided.
- The property is a self-catering venue, and indeed we find many groups enjoy the experience of taking it in turns to cater for the rest of the group.
- Deliveries can be easily arranged from Tesco, Sainsbury’s, ASDA, and Waitrose.
- For less of a “hands-on” approach externally catered options include simple “drop offs” of pre-cooked meals / sandwiches, through to provision of chef and waiters – we can provide recommendations of tried and tested caterers.
Relaxing and Team building
There are a huge variety of activities in the Peak District from organised Team Building activities to straightforward walking opportunities (see short breaks section for some walking inspiration)
Professionally organised events
- Bring in the experts to run your team building activities with options covering the full range outdoor and indoor events, bespoke events, evening entertainment and themed events.
- For ideas and inspiration Off Limits have over 20 years experience in event management working with small local business to multinational blue chip clients -www.actiondays.co.uk
Informal self-organised activities
- Within the house many previous corporate clients have enjoyed conducting their own “Come Dine with Me” experience when the group split into teams and for each group take responsibility for cooking either starters / mains / desserts - the output being a great bonding experience and a home cooked evening meal.
- Simpler still is a “pub theme” night when groups compete against each other in at pool, Karaoke (for some memorable duets), and organise their own pub quiz.
- Groups can also take the games theme outside with table tennis, "Cornhole" game, and all the equipment necessary to design & play your very own mini-golf course!
Our other venue
- For an even bigger venue (13 en suite rooms and sleeps up to 34) please see our other property - The Mermaid Inn.
- If there is a requirement for single room occupancy for the group, both venues can be booked in conjunction with each other (making maximum occupancy 23 without room sharing) and given the 2 properties are less than 10 minutes drive apart the team can get together with ease each morning.